Friday, July 2, 2010

First time in their chicken condo!


The girls spent their first night in their new home 7/1/10.  They are 2 months old now.








Of course Reechipeep was the first one to venture down.  But I goofed and took the video sideways -  oops.











They all came down within 5 minutes which is faster than I anticipated, but I should have known.  They like to be together and Reechipeep tends to be the mother hen.   I let them outside the ark for a bit and was able to get them back into their grazing area the usual way with their food.  I am still going to let them graze loose when I and Spooky are home to keep an eye on them.






We've got more work to do on the ark, like hanging their new food and water containers, but I wanted to use the ones they were used to for their first day.  More pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment